Having respect for all the people around us at all times and dealing with people fairly is the foundation of our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy and the specific ethos of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policies.
Respect therefore covers everything to do with Equality, Diversity and Inclusion including all forms of discrimination, bullying & harassment, local workforce utilisation, community projects, school visits etc. Apart from the obvious moral aspect where it should be obvious to us all that everyone has the right to live and work free of prejudice, it is essential that we are able to demonstrate and evidence our commitment to Respect to our Clients and prospective Clients.
The Equality Act 2010 requires the public sector to demonstrate fair employment practices internally, and more importantly for the private sector, to demonstrate they are spending with equality assured organisations. What this means for us is that, in compliance with the Public Sector Equality Duty (April 2011), we need to demonstrate our commitment to equality and diversity when tendering for public sector contracts and/or private sector contracts with an element of public funding.
Our Equal Opportunities Policy, adjacent, is designed not only to comply with the law but also to ensure a highly effective workplace for all employees. Buckingham Group Contracting achieves this objective by actively promoting equality of opportunities and by encouraging and assisting all categories of employees to develop their potential to the full.
Respect which relates readily to Personal Responsibility and Engagement is fully embraced within our behavioural safety programme. Having respect for all the people around us at all times and dealing with people fairly is the ethos of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policies.
Head Office and site management teams are expected to take an active role in ensuring workforce awareness of Respect and where breaches of policy occur apply the Just Culture model and, if necessary, the company disciplinary procedure.
Respect for All
(Embraced within our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy and driven by the application of All Ways Safely our behavioural safety programme):
- Respect for people is embedded in our business we will treat all people as we wish to be treated ourselves
- We shall, through clear direction and strong leadership, ensure a high level of business performance while minimising and effectively managing risk
- We provide information and training to our staff and employees plus supply chain partners and subcontractors to ensure compliance with legislation and our formal policies
- We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees, valuing and harnessing the benefits of equality, diversity and inclusion
- We will offer our employees clear, fair terms of employment, and provide resources to enable their continued personal/professional development and fulfilment
- We will address the needs and aspirations of staff through the continuing development of diversity, work-life balance and health and well-being policies and initiatives and mutual support
- We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and without harassment
Respect of course is a two way process, and as well as the areas of Respect towards our workforce and between individuals outlined above, we will also be reviewing and reinforcing our policies in relation to Respect towards the company, in particular the respectful use and care of resources.